Miss Muffet Lemon Curds
Miss Muffet sat eating her curds and whey, but we bet they were not as delicious as the ones in these delightful lemon cups.
These crispy little phyllo cups should not be filled with the lemon curd till right before you want to serve them.
You don't want a soggy cup of curd!
- 3 large lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 - 15 count packages of frozen mini phyllo shells, thawed
- Slivers of fresh fruit - strawberries or kiwi, or blueberries for garnish
- Grate the zest from the lemons, then juice the lemons.
- Combine the zest and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process to mix.
- Add the lemon juice and eggs and process until blended
- Melt the butter in a double boiler.
- Add the egg mixture to the butter and stir until blended.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the lemon curd into a plastic container with a lid and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spoon or pipe the cold lemon curd filling into the phyllo shells.
- Garnish with fresh fruit, if desired.
- Serve at once.
You can store your phyllo cups frozen, refrigerated or at room temperature. If frozen, you'll want to set them out about 10 minutes prior to filling.
If you'd like a bit more crispness to your phyllo cups, heat them on a baking sheet for 3 minutes at 350 F degrees. Allow them to cool before you fill them.
What delicious nursery rhyme menu items do you have?
We know there are fabulously creative cooks out there who can whip up a delightful nursery rhyme dish! We'd love to hear about your menu and recipe ideas, so please share with all of us. Everyone would love to have a great menu for a their successful baby shower.
Return to Baby Shower Menus from Lemon Cups