Cheese Jalapeno Jelly Thumbprints
Little Jack Horner
Sat in a corner,
Eating a Christmas pie.
He put in his thumb
And pulled out a 'thumbprint',
What a Good Boy Am I!
At least that's our version for this new twist on thumbprint cookies for your next nursery rhyme baby shower.
- 1 8oz block sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves, finely ground
- 1/3 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until blended.
- Add flour, ground red pepper,and salt.
- Process until dough forms a ball, stopping often to scrap down sides.
- Shape dough into a disc; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Let dough stand at room temperature 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in ground pecans.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press thumb in center of the ball to make an identation.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until browned.
- Immediately fill each center with a heaping 1/4 tsp of jelly, pressing gently into cookie with back of spoon.
- Remove from baking pans to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight between layers of wax paper for up to 2 days.
Makes about 3 dozen thumbprint cookies.
What delicious nursery rhyme menu items do you have?
We know there are fabulously creative cooks out there who can whip up a delightful nursery rhyme dish! We'd love to hear about your menu and recipe ideas, so please share with all of us. Everyone would love to have a great menu for a their successful baby shower.
Return to Baby Shower Menu from Cheese Jalapeno Jelly Thumbprints