Peter Pumpkin Eaters Favorite
Peter. Peter Pumpkin Eater never had a pumpkin roll this delicious.
Sprinkled with powder sugar and nutmeg, this is a great crowd pleaser.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 11/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Beat eggs at high speed with electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add granulated sugar, beating well.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to pumpkin mixture and blend well.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 15x10x1 inch jelly-roll pan, spreading evenly to corners of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn cake onto a lint free towel sprinkled with 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Beginning at short end, roll up cake and towel together, jelly-roll fashion.
- Let cool.
- Combine remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Unroll cake and spread with filling.
- Roll cake up again, without the towel.
- Chill seam side down.
- Sprinkle chilled pumpkin roll with a touch of powdered sugar and nutmeg.
What delicious nursery rhyme menu items do you have?
We know there are fabulously creative cooks out there who can whip up a delightful nursery rhyme dish! We'd love to hear about your menu and recipe ideas, so please share with all of us. Everyone would love to have a great menu for a their successful baby shower.
Return to Baby Shower Menu from Pumpkin Roll